For my video draft, I compiled the raw video that I collected into sequential order. I used the dissolve to black feature that we practiced in the Premiere tutorials at the beginning and ending of the video product to make a more polished look.
I trialed several of the different transition tools between the clips to get a better idea of what I might use in my final project. I was not sure what to expect and realized you can really build on the creative aspect here as far as blending shapes with directions of transitions, etc… I noticed in the first clip I caught a hummingbird in the video that I did not realize until I began editing it. I would like to somehow focus the frame around the hummingbird to accentuate it, but I have not yet found the right tool to do this. I remember when editing the cougar in the Premiere tutorial, we did this type of effect so I will have to look back at this process.
For the background music, I wanted an organic sound that would compliment the nature theme of the video. Again I recorded myself doing an introduction and closing statement to help explain the goal of my video.
When taping the raw video I had a difficult time transferring large amounts of data from my phone to my computer via email. I was only able to transfer small clips, therefore my video is a little choppier than I would like. By holding the frames in selected clips I was able to add a different effect to change this up a little.
For my final draft I would like to polish the clips more so that there is less unwanted video. I would also like to use some other effect tools to make a more interesting video. I did use the paint bucket in one clip, which added a fun dynamic to the images.